Monday, September 10, 2012

The Simple Woman's Day Book

Good Morning, Monday!

Outside my window... it is a fresh new day. Cool and sparkling after wild rain storm last night.

I am thinking... about new beginnings. I need to just accept my new beginning and step up to the challenge. Right now as the sun blazes into my house, I think I can do it! Feeling quite positive about this.

I am thankful... for my boys. They are starting the week with a fresh start as well. I am thankful my caring husband. He sure had a lot of patience for me this weekend. I am thankful chances to try again. I'm thankful for fresh air, sunshine, and yellow marigolds!

In the kitchen... is a bag of brilliant orange habenero peppers. There is also a zip lock bag with a beautiful red ghost pepper. All of these peppers were gifts from a good friend. Today would be a good day to work on drying them. 

I am wearing... my oldest, most comfortable sweatshirt and jammy pants. My husband got this sweatshirt when he re-enlisted in the army the first time when we lived in Oklahoma. It has a rocket launcher on it and it says, "Deep Attack!" I love its lived in feeling and comfortable tatteredness.

I am creating... pots filled with herbs. The seeds arrived and I planted them. They are really starting to come up. I hope I can keep them growing because it will be fun to have fresh herbs to cook with all winter long!

I am going... to tackle big projects today. I will get a college project done, the laundry done, the house cleaned, and something yummy cooked for the great guys in my life. I am going to smile today. I going to have a good week!

I am wondering... if I have any plastic gloves around here. I am going to need them for those wild peppers. 

I am reading... chapter 5 of "Teaching children with problems learning." I hope I find something interesting!

I am hoping... that my amazing brother has a very happy birthday today. Today is his day. It is the PERFECT day to deal with those pepper! John loves hot peppers and hot sauce and these peppers make me think of him. I wish he were here. He'd get a kick out of these peppers. Caleb is like John. Caleb loves hot peppers. I love that Caleb makes me think of my brother.

I am looking forward to... sunshine and success!

I am learning... how to be ok in a silent house by myself. I just saw a commercial for Splenda. It showed a lady enjoying her tea (sweetened with Splenda) who was very pleased to have the house to herself. I never think this!!! I need to start thinking this.

Around the house... the tv is talking, the dog is sleeping, and the sun is shining. The fresh air slips in and the house waits for me to get it humming again. 


I am pondering... what my next step will be this brilliant morning. Coffee? Laundry? Breakfast? What will it be? Where will I find the magic in the morning?

A favorite quote for today... "
I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning." by J. B. Priestly

One of my favorite things... is the way that the leaves on plants become very deep green as they absorb the sunlight streaming in. I love the way that God made these leaves, filled with chlorophyl to soak up the sun's energy. I love the cellular factories inside these leaves!

A few plans for the rest of the week: I am excited to plan a meal and get-together for the cadets that we are sponsoring. I can't wait to get to know all of them. I can't wait to cook for them and I can't wait to have them come to our home.


A peek into my day.

This Day Book gives me happy things to think about. Try it out yourself! http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. Maggie, the name of your blog drew me in, and I'm so glad I stopped by! Love your Daybook. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old, comfy sweatshirts. I am impressed by those beautiful peppers! I enjoyed the quote you shared very much. I've been struggling with my mornings. I love to get out into the day, but I love my heavy comforter and soft pillow, too! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete